Transfering The Title Of Property In NSW

Conveyancing Solicitors Transfer Property Ownership

People will often seek to transfer a part or full interest they hold in a property to another party.

Most commonly this transfer is done between family members, friends or spouse. This title transfer can either be by way of gift or for an agreed sum of money. 

The process of transferring legal title on a property requires formal transfer to be entered and registered with the Land and Property Information Services and will most often require payment of stamp duty.


When Don't I have To Pay Stamp Duty On Transfers?

There are occasions & circumstances when you may be exempt from paying stamp duty when transferring property titles. Within these exemptions there can be tight time constraints. It is best to make an appointment with our conveyancing solicitor and get advice before beginning any title transfer transactions to ensure you have all your options covered.

what should i do next1.jpg
make appointment.jpg

For Property Conveyancing

  • Learn more- read our resources & articles
  • Call us on  1800 647 023
  • Make An Appointment - We aim to see you the very next day where possible.
  • Let one of our friendly team, work with you on any of your conveyancing matters.

Learn more  with our useful articles and our Frequently Asked Questions section.